Last month, we covered the purpose of customer testimonials for small businesses and how to ensure they are benefits-driven. This month, we want to go over the integration of testimonials on your website and ways to obtain testimonials from your customers. It is awesome to have testimonials, but if they are not displayed correctly the purpose is diminished. In addition, it is one thing to say you want to use testimonials and another to figure out how to get them.
We are here to help you achieve successful testimonials that accentuate your web design and continually drive in new clients.
It is important to display your customer testimonials in a manner that will attract people to view them, not turn them away. It is easy to crowd testimonials on your page or have them look scattered and unorganized. Although you want to place as many testimonials as you can, placing them without a plan defeats the purpose.
We constantly test our web designs to ensure testimonials are being portrayed and organized in the most efficient and results-proven way possible. By doing this we have some suggestions for testimonials on your website:
- Place testimonials in a central location on the main page of the site
- If you have many testimonials, list them below the key information on the front page or create a separate area on the site for them
- Incorporate long and short testimonials
- Video testimonials
- Geo-target testimonials
- Source of testimonials
The Locus Marketing service incorporates all of these ways to obtain testimonial value on your site. We have a proven design for testimonials that achieves constant traction and we believe you should incorporate long and short testimonials. All of our sites are SEO based and geo-target testimonials to potential clients. Images are important for testimonials to further social proof, and we also encourage videos to provide a deeper personal element. Lastly, the source or name and location of your testimonials furthers the value by continuing to prove credibility and limit skepticism.
Obtaining Customer Testimonials
As you can see, testimonials are an amazing way to increase social proof for your business and drive in new clients, but how exactly do you get these testimonials. There are more ways than you probably knew to achieve testimonials from your happy customers.
The most common and arguably easiest and best way is to reward your customers for their testimonial. Offering a free personal training session or another incentive will cause many of your customers to want to help out. Sometimes though, simply asking a thrilled customer is a good way because they could want to promote their success working with you.
Social media and other online sources are another way to obtain customer testimonials. Some examples are:
- Facebook reviews
- LinkedIn recommendations
- YouTube video reviews
- Local search directories
- Niche review sites
- Google alerts and social mentions
All of these sources are great ways to find leads to testimonials and require little effort. Social media is a powerful tool that can help your business grow and succeed in more ways than engagement and promotion.
Call to Action
One of the best things you can incorporate along with customer testimonials is a call to action. It is strategic to place “Free Consultation” or “One Free Week of Group Classes” buttons next to testimonials on the web page so it is simple for potential customers to get started. This diminishes the time or effort between deciding you want to try something out and taking the step to actually sign up for it. Placing testimonials in different areas of your website allows for more call to action buttons for customers to decide to click on.
All of our web designs take advantage of call to action buttons placed prominently on the site. We have found that call to action buttons for a “Free Consultation” or “Free Week of Classes” are the main driving force for getting new leads.
Accompanying customer testimonials with call to action buttons makes an easy transition for people to take the next step after deciding they want to try your service. Making the process simple erases any leftover hesitation people may have before deciding to try your business out.
Our goal is to ensure you have all of the tools necessary for a successful fitness business and that you consistently are increasing your clientele. We have top notch web designs that place you at the top of the game and above your competitors.
We understand the power of testimonials and the importance of their placement on your site. As we explained in part one of this post, our plugin Awesome Fitness Testimonials will cover all the bases of creating and presenting customer testimonials on your site. The purpose of testimonials is to generate solid and strong leads every month, and we are confident we can make that happen. Let us help you take your customer testimonials to the next level and use them to their highest power. Sign up for the Awesome Fitness Testimonials plugin today!
Look around and take note of how many people are on their phones. It will be almost everyone. In today’s age we are connected to our mobile phones at the hip. So as business owners, shouldn’t we be utilizing mobile resources for client retention?
Mobile App Marketing is a simple but highly effective way to retain your current clients by connecting with them on their most used piece of technology. Speaking literally, you will constantly be in your clients hand and on their mind by having a mobile app for your business.
One of our new Fitness Website Formula services is a personalized mobile app. This app will allow you to:
- Build a long-lasting customer relationship
- Increase customer retention
- Share “member-only” content
- Send real time notifications via push notifications
We will be going into details of how the above work, but let’s take a look at the possibilities of mobile app marketing in regards to customer retention.
Consumers are flocking to their mobile phones for information at an overwhelming rate. Audiences are currently spending a significant amount of time per day and that rate is constantly speeding up. According to SEO and Marketing Blog, MOZ, in December 2011, the average person spent 94 minutes per day on their mobile devices and one year later that number has jumped to 127 minutes per day.
Using mobile devices to increase client loyalty is more effective than just having the website for people to view on their phones. Adobe’s Digital Marketing Report stated that mobile app users are more loyal to a brand than they are by simply visiting the website on their mobile phone.
- People spend an average of 24 minutes in an app, versus 13 minutes on smartphone web sessions
- App usage outpaces mobile web visits by an average of 100 minutes per month
As you can see, mobile apps are the most effective way to reach your clients because they target them in the most convenient way. It is much easier to click onto an app than to search through the Internet on a mobile device, so taking advantage of mobile resources is in all business owners best interest.
There are three key ways to increase customer retention and maintain relationships on a mobile app:
- Provide an easy outlet for customers to provide their feedback. Many customers want to give their ideas and opinions on your business and giving them the opportunity to do so drives their investment in your company even higher.
- Allow space for customer research that is beneficial to your company and makes your customers feel involved. Asking your audience specific questions about products, practices or anything else provides you with detailed and constructive responses to help better your business. In addition, people feel involved when their opinions matter to the company and asking them these questions through a mobile app is simple and convenient and they will be more inclined to participate.
- One-on-One communication and personalized messages attract clients and keep them using your app on a regular basis. In this day and age, generic business messages are ignored and seem highly outdated. By utilizing a mobile app, your business is able to personalize messages and connect with clients through technology. Mobile apps are the closest thing to face-to-face communication because they allow open conversations and personalized interaction.
Unlike social media platforms, mobile apps allow you to promote “member-only” content, promotions and events. There are times when information is not relevant or able to be sent out to the online world, but your customers still need to be reached with it. Since mobile apps are more engaging to consumers, they will be more inclined to check that then they will be to open your email blast. Mobile apps allow you to share what you need with certain groups and get your important information across on a private platform only for your clients.
Sending notifications on your mobile app is another effective way to maintain customer retention. In your personal life, you check your social media sites and apps after you get a notification because it draws your attention back to it. Notifications keep you on your clients mind even if they are not actively keeping up with the app.
With our new Fitness Website Formula service, we wanted to provide our clients with the capability to use a mobile app for their business. We are confident mobile apps will increase the success of your business and be a significant addition to the online presence we create for you. Given the many positives of mobile app usage, we knew this was a service our clients needed in order to continue beating their competition.
Reach out to us today and start up your mobile app. You will be shocked at the level of customer retention and engagement this service will provide.
- People are spending increasing amounts of time on their mobile devices
- More time is spent on mobile apps than on mobile web searches
- Customer retention is maintained through personalized messages and opportunities for feedback
- Mobile apps provide an easy way to perform customer research
- You can promote “member-only” content to your current clients through an app
- Push notifications keep your business on your clients mind
- Mobile app marketing is convenient for your clients and your business
- We are offering mobile apps with our new Fitness Website Formula service!!